Tuesday 3 July 2012

Brittle hair faqs

What is good for thin n brittle hair to help it grow?
vitamin E pills help. you have to break or squeeze them onto your scalp.

How do you get rid of brittle frizzy hair with out using a palmade?
You can do a few things that will help.
1. Limit washing your hair to every other day. Washing hair too often strips the hair of its natural oils making it dry and brittle.
2. When you do wash your hair use a conditioner. Conditioner moisturizes the hair and leaves it soft and shiny
3. You can go to a salon and get a protein treatment that will make your hair stronger and more healthy
4. Limit use of hot tools like straighteners and blow dryers.

My hair is so brittle is breaks SO easy. IS there anything I can do to change it? Also my hair gets really ratted up really quickly - it will let it be for five minutes and it looks like I haven't brushed it in a week!!! Any suggestions on how to make my hair less brittle and smoother?
Go to Target or Walmart and get Sunsilk for dry, brittle hair. Should be in a pick tub. I use this, and it makes my hair softer, stronger and more managable. Also, I use Garnier Fructis Length and Strength conditioner and leave-in conditioner. Not only do all of these products smell great, but they do work!

How can I make my hair look straight and sleek if I have dry brittle hair?

Take echinacea every day until you begin to see the difference - then just take it three times a week.
Oils taken internally will help with everything from joints, skin, eyes and down to the hair on your body - so take an oil capsule every day.
Seaweed tablets are also a good source to make all things like nails, skin and hair much better.
Plenty of water all the time. This hydrates the body and if the body is hydrated then the hair will be hydrated.Dont overheat it.
Once a week apply coconut oil - comb through, wrap in a towel and leave for an hour. Wash and condition as normal.
Let your hair dry somewhat naturally before using the hairdryer - every little helps.
Have regular trims to keep the split ends at bay and to make it look more healthy.
Time and patience I'm afraid!!

What is the best shampoo and conditioner for brittle hair?
About a year ago i had really damaged hair, a lot of my hair fell out and it was really dry and brittle. after trying loads of different shampoo's and conditioners i now use head and shoulders (classic clean or hydrating) and sunsilk conditioner. I used the smooth & silky (purple bottle) conditioner, you might want to try one for curly hair.
This has been brilliant, my hair look healthy, my family and friends who saw my hair at its worst have really noticed the difference and commented on it. I wouldnt have believed it otherwise because im very skeptical about the promises made on the ads for hair products. It really does the job and not too expensive.

What is the best shampoo/treatment for dry/brittle hair?
Hey there, I would try The Shampoo and Conditioner called Biolage. I have found that it works great for dry hair, with normal oil, and has a really nice smell. It's a non chemical product also. You can buy this product from almost any beauty store. Be aware of imitating Shampoo and Conditioners of Biolage brand, found in grocery stores.These have usually been tampered with, or are out of date.I have been told by several cosmetologist that mixing several different kinds of conditioners together, and applying it to your hair will help with the dryness significantly, and this should be done a couple of times per month.
It's very important that you use a protector from the hairdryer, and etc, to prevent your hair from drying out after a conditioning treatment. I would suggest Biosilk. I have found that applying a small size amount to the ends of your hair , and then blow drying it, helps make your hair shinier, and more healthy looking over time.

What is the best heat protecting spray for brittle hair?
Buying a heat protecting spray right now wouldn't help very much. You need to first have a hair cut and get rid of all your spilt ends. My favourite shampoo and conditioner to use is pantine pro v. There are specialized ones that are for damage repair. There are also leave in conditioners that you put in when your hair is wet and it leaves your hair soft and silky. Also, make sure your curler/straightener is a good quality one that doesn't kill your hair. Before you use any ironing tools there are heat protecter sprays (I have a pantine one) that work very well.

What can I do for my colored DRY BRITTLE hair?
I have tried almost everything, because I used to dye my hair blond. The best things I found were Pantene for dry/damaged hair, biosilk conditioner, also the biosilk silkdrops will help the ends. That or Redken all soft conditioner- that one is amazing.

I have brittle hair, would it grow back thicker and better if shaved?
Shaving it might help; though i doubt it.
You have probably damaged the roots of your hair and should just hope that it mends on its own. You could try some hair strengthening shampoo or something that would probably help but i think shaving it is unlikely to help as the roots'll still be there... .


No comments:

Post a Comment